A single of Africa’s most effective safari places, Chobe National Park is located in Botswana very near the place four African international locations (Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe) meet. In this record, we give you 10 explanations why you should really check out this good activity and conservation space.
1. Chobe Nationwide Park is the 3rd greatest wildlife park in Botswana, but unquestionably is the greatest in the nation and a single of the ideal in Africa.
2. The Chobe River which flows from Angola and into Botswana, in the northeast border of the park, is one of the major drinking water sources for the animals of Chobe. The waterfront hosts many water-loving birds and animals, and serves as a watering gap for the bush animals.
3. The park is property to awesome animals these as the buffalo, lion, leopard, elephant, crocodile, hippo, zebra, giraffe, lechwe, sable, impala, leopard, wildebeest, hyena, jackal, bushbuck, monkeys and baboons, in addition a whole great deal much more. It is the only area in Botswana where by you can see the in close proximity to threatened water-loving puku antelope in the wild.
4. You will come across four unique ecosystems inside of the nationwide park – river, swamp and seasonal marshland region, the woodlands and floodplains. This is why Chobe Nationwide Park has these a large range of flora and fauna and gives a exceptional safari knowledge – definitely a person of the best in Africa.
5. Annual animal migrations also give friends to Chobe National Park an unforgettable wildlife experience (especially in the Savute Area).
6. Maybe the most significant elephant inhabitants in Africa is identified in Chobe Nationwide Park, numbering 50 000.
7. Irrespective of whether it is Environmentally friendly or Higher period, the location claims a magical experience. Amongst May possibly and October (Superior Season) is the very best time for video game viewing as the bush is not incredibly thick and animals tend to focus in damp locations in look for of h2o. Some time in November, on the other hand, the rains commence to drop and the bush goes from dry savannah to lush dense woodlands and wetlands. This Inexperienced Time is the time when the baby animals fall in their countless numbers.
8. The town of Kasane is just 10 minutes absent from the entrance to national park, and is the gateway into the region with Kasane Airport in access. The border to Zambia is to the north and the Kazungula border with Zimbabwe is to the east, both equally border posts are less than 10 kilometres from Kasane town.
9. Things to do in Chobe Countrywide Park include activity drives, river cruises, fishing, photographic safaris, tenting, and hen viewing. For the much more distant destinations, fly-in safaris are a much better and a lot quicker choice. For those people who wish to undertaking nearby, a go to to the croc farm, a cultural village tour, or a round of golfing at Mowana in Kasane are actions that are easily obtainable. One of the 7 all-natural wonders of the world, the Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), is just an hour’s push from Chobe. There are loads of things to do on supply there much too.
10. Gorgeous luxurious accommodation is available all more than Chobe Countrywide Park (apart from in the Nogatsaa area), as well as in nearby in Kasane. These consist of Ngoma Safari and Muchenje lodges in the west in Chobe Forest Reserve, Chobe Match Lodge within the park itself, and Chobe Safari and Cresta Mowana lodges in Kasane town.